Monday, March 19, 2007

Waterwalker Film Festival

I could have been working on my bulkheads & more for the last 3 1/2 hours but instead I was updating the web site for the Saskatoon Canoe Club (and now I lost half an hour of sleep to updating this blog). We are hosting the Waterwalker Film Festival this coming weekend so I was adding a detailed schedule and additional sponsors to the web site. I'm also responsible for the audio/visual component of the festival organisation so I have been wrapping up the final details in that respect too.
In other news, it looks like the next couple of evenings will be good in terms of weather for laying up glass on the other side of the bulkheads & cheek plates then epoxying them into place (or should I use structural silicone?).

My garage is insulated but the big double door lets a fair bit of heat out (even though it is insulated) and I don't have a proper heating system installed, relying instead on an electric overhead radiant heater. Actually that heater worked pretty well for glassing the bulkheads the other night since I set them up on a work bench directly underneath the heater with probably a 6 foot distance between heater and object. Although the garage was only about 12C, it was 25C on the bench beside the bulkheads & cheek plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment