To find all of the boatbuilding posts, use the "boatbuilding" tag. To find all of the blog postings about the Guillemot kayak, use the "guillemot" tag. To find all of the posts relating to building the Sea Flea, use the "kid kayak" tag. You can also use the search function (see the top of this page) or browse by date (see the dates on the right hand side).
Companies that Sell Plans & Kits:
- Guillemot Kayaks
- Source of the kayak plans used to build Karrie's kayak
- Cedar strip & stitch & glue kayak plans.
- Waters Dancing Kayaks
- Canadian stitch & glue kayak kits.
- Orca Boats
- Source of kayaks plans, some materials, or custom-ordered kayaks (not to mention general helpfulness).
- Bear Mountain Boats
- Canoe & kayak plans, books, etc.
- Green Valley
- Plans for canoes & kayaks designed by John Winters.
- Noah's Marine
- Source of huge array of boatbuilding items including wood, epoxy, varnish, plans, kits, hardware, books, etc.
- Kisseynew Canoe Company
- Saskatchewan company that builds boats, sells plans and supplies.
- One Ocean Kayaks
- Kayak plans. Be sure to check out their very helpful section of boatbuilding tips.
- Redfish Kayaks
- Kayak plans, also the famous Joe Greenley kayak seat and a good place to buy minicell foam or seat blanks.
- Not a company, but it is a source of plans and other DIY instructions, especially skin-on-frame kayaks that can be built as folders.
- Source of the plans & instructions for building the Sea Flea.
- Chesapeake Light Craft
- S&G kayak plans, plus everything else.
- Shearwater Kayaks
- S&G kayak plans
- Bear Mountain Forum
- Guillemot Forum
- CLC Builder's Forum
- MyCCR Forum (includes a boatbuilding section)
- WestCoastPaddler.com (includes a boatbuilding section)
Blogs & Personal Websites That Feature Canoe & Kayak Building: