Monday, November 22, 2010

Winter Riding's Here Again!

Thankfully, I did not have Yehuda's troubles today. (Click the image to see the full-size version at Yehudamoon.com)
Well, winter riding has arrived here in Saskatoon.  I still have to tweak my layering a bit, but things worked out pretty well this morning.  Long underwear, wool army surplus pants over jeans, a Roughrider shirt (of course), wool sweater, and a couple of fleece layers under a cycling shell jacket, winter boots, a balaclava a liner toque and my winter helmet (ie an older helmet with all the vents taped closed).

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, winter isn't good for us kayak fans. As for the comic, I'm not sure what to even say about that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well in order to help cope with winter and the non-kayaking season, I suggest taking up snowshoeing! www.saskatoonsnowshoeclub.org ;)

    Cheers,
    Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll try wearing army pants over jeans. Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use the American wool pants, I think they are from about 1953. These pants are like thick wool dress pants and are sized large and loose enough that they fit well over top of my other layers. They can be cinched up at the waist to get them the right size, but they work best with a pair of suspenders.
    Cheers,
    Bryan

    ReplyDelete